With the risk of this song playing in my head the rest of the day, I just had to share this. After Walk of the Earth presented their concept of 5 people on 1 guitar there have been many followers. But this one is pretty awesome so I’m sharing it to the world:
Category Archives: Creativity
Craft ideas: scratching pole for your cat
My cat loves to scratch his nails on the carpet, stairs, couch and so on. It was surely time for a scratching pole, but the bigger ones are always quite expensive so I decided to make one myself.
Things you need:
– an old bookshelf
– 24 meters rope
– cd holder
– fluffy cushion
– old scarf
1. I used an old bookshelf for the top and the bottom of the scratchingpole. I cut in into two parts, one part bigger than the other so you get a stable base. Cost: €0,-
2. I bought a wooden cd holder to use as the middle part of the scratching pole. I would attach the rope on to this part.Cost: €2,- second hand shop
3. I painted the part of the shelf that’s gonna be the bottom part. I just searched the shed in the backgarden and found some blue paint. Cost: €0,-
4. I bought 24 meters of rope in a hardware store and I wrapped this around the cd holder, glueing it at the corners. Cost: €10,-
5. Then I attached the top and bottom part to the cd holder and put an old fluffy cushion on the top so my cat could chill on that part. Cost: €0,-
6. At last I wrapped the rest of the cd holder with an old scarf so the whole thing would be covered. Cost: €0,-
And the result is there:
Now that’s impressive!
I love art. However, I don’t understand anything about the concept ‘Modern Art’. Some artwork is pretty cool, but what’s on the ground floor of the Museum of Modern Art in New York is just a piece of **** to me. I don’t understand why just randomly hanging your old coat on the wall is making you bloody rich. For me a good piece of artwork is something I wouldn’t be able to make myself, or is so creative that it’s really impressive. Someone who really impresses me is Lorenzo Duran. He makes art from dried leaves he finds on the streets.
What do you think?
Bored? Cover your face!
When I’m bored I surf through the internet looking for inspiration, funny pictures or anything really that will keep me
from doing something useful entertained. I came across this picture hype where people hold a record / magazine cover in from of them and make it look lifelike. Heres a few that I came across today, some are freakishly real!
So, bored off your face and some old records you can use? Send in your own original ‘cover your face‘ 😀
Epic acapella version of the awesome song: Somebody that I used to know.
Knitting to a whole new level
Knitting is hot. Knitting is no longer just an old granny’s way to pass the time, it’s now just a cool thing to do. Last Christmas I also got the hang of it. At least, my mum taught me the basics and I was very pleased with myself when I finished my own knitted headband. I must admit, knitting for me was more a necessity than an intrest, I was short on cash and really wanted a headband since my ears were freezing off in the cold Slovak winter. But it turns out to be fun! When I struggled at first (my fine motor skills are just crap) I started to get the hang of it and after one evening of knitting my headband was ready to take his first trip outside.
When I went outside I suddenly started to realise more people had gotten into knitting that winter. It’s funny how when you’re getting into something or learn something new it suddenly starts to appear everywhere. As well with the knitting. Not only did I realise a lot of people wore headbands and knitted hats, other things had also gotten a warm coat for the winter. Lampposts and complete walls were covered in bright knitted covers. It looked really nice and colorfull, and much nicer than the old graffiti art.
I decided to look up this phenomenon to see where this specific creative outburst came from. It turns out is has a name: Yarn Bombing. Yarn Bombing started in 2005 in Houston, Texas. A small group called Knitta Please decided to hang their old pieces of knitwork because it would be a waste to throw out and the city would become a little brighter. The next project was in Paris and these days the whole world can enjoy colorful knitted threes, lampposts, benches and everything else that could be covered. I love it, it really makes me happy when I see it!
Knitted Mini Cooper! I want this one!
This looks so comfy! (When dry)
June 9 is International Yarn Bombing day. So are you good with knitting needles? Join the rest of the world by making your city a little bit more cuddly and colorful!
Are there Yarn Bombers active in your city? What did they make?
Too cute & Too funny: Baby trashes bar in Las Palmas
This video is just hilarious. It’s a trailer for the short movie “Las Palmas” by Johannes Nyholm. His one year old daughter plays the main character; a middle aged woman who trashes a bar in Las Palmas. The rest of the parts are played by puppets. It’s amazing how you’re watching a baby, but also see a middle aged drunk woman. Really impressive and innovative work!
Too cute and too funny! Watch the whole video, I rolled off my chair laughing 😀
This video is just the trailer, the short film (13 min.) you can watch here.
If I had all the money (and space) in the world, I would decorade my house like..
1. People who know me wouldn’t be suprised the first thing on my list is a big comfortable looking bed from the designers of O*GE group. I love sleeping and friends find me sleeping everywhere, in class, on the beach, in the train etc. If I could earn money by sleeping I would. This Giant birdsnest looks so comfortable and really cute! The big pillows make it extra nice and cosy.
2. Such a nice napkin holder. Not that I ever use napkins or would use it when I have one of these cool stands, it still looks really nice and original. Kind of like art. And art is always appreciated 🙂
3. ‘A few fish in a tank. Says one to another: How do we drive this thing? ‘This sink from demilked is so cool, even though fish really freak me out, I’d love to have this! Also available: fish toilet or fish couch.
4. Yes, crazy catlady strikes again. My boyfriend would laugh at me when I would get something like this, but how cool is this for a cat? This cat even looks like my cat, if that isn’t faith I don’t know what it is.
not all all the fact that I have a common type cat.
5. After the IPad, IPod, IPhone and whatever they have down there at the apple store, now introducing the IPoo. I’m not a apple-fan
except for the cheap green fruity ones I do kind of like the toilet version. Although it doesn’t look very pleasant, more like one of those toilets you find at the side of the road you only go to when there’s a IPoo emergency and the last thing you want to do is to put your bare arse on a piece of cold steel it does look very original.
6. This bathtub from notcom just looks so comfy! I would like to place it in a somewhat more, well, appealing room with maybe some color and a candle or two.
7. Not very pretty, but certainly original pillow from Etsy. Nice as a gift to someone who always spills their food.
8. This last one I will get, because all the items above I will never be able to affort, or rather spend my well earned money on experieces, rather than things. Just to dream away before I open the garage door, get my keys and unlock my.. bike.